Hornbake Lobby Policy
At this time, only library staff and affiliates may request use of the Hornbake Library Lobby for events. Usage of the Hornbake Lobby will be highly limited and events requesting use of the space must meet one or more of the following goals:
• Promote the collections, services and resources of the University of Maryland Libraries’, Special Collections and University Archives
• Enrich the intellectual and cultural life of the University of Maryland community through the use of the University of Maryland Libraries’ Special Collections and University Archives.
• Strengthen collaborative opportunities between the Libraries and the University of Maryland
• Provide, on a selective basis, a venue for events for organizations in the wider community that are congruent with the activities and mission of the University of Maryland Libraries’ Special Collections and University Archives and other departments in the Libraries
• Attract visitors to Hornbake Library, furthering outreach for the University of Maryland Libraries
Requests meeting these requirements will be sent to the Hornbake Libraries Facilities Committee and Associate Dean for Collection Strategies and Services for consideration.
Event requests may be denied at the discretion of the Associate Dean for Collection Strategies and Services. A member of the Hornbake Library staff will be assigned as the “point person” for each lobby event that is approved.
- Applications must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to an event.
- Hornbake Library does not have the capability to host caterers for events involving refreshments.
-Any repositioning of existing furniture in the lobby will need to be negotiated in advance with library staff; event organizers are responsible for restoring the previous deployment of furniture if any alterations are made for the event.